tirsdag 13. september 2011

Musikk: ABC

Dessie har flere ganger bedt meg om å tipse mer om musikken jeg hører på, og fordi jeg gjør det meste Dessie ber meg om begynner jeg her. Med sanger jeg liker av artister som begynner på ABC (ja, dette er et langvarig prosjekt). Og selvfølgelig liker jeg veldig mange sanger av veldig mange artister, så jeg har hvertfall forsøkt å begrense meg når det gjelder de artistene/bandene jeg hører mest på. Hvis ikke hadde jeg aldri blitt ferdig. Så, derfor : De sangene jeg akkurat nå hører mest på av artistene jeg finner på min ipod.

Adrian Lux

Teenage Crime

We don't sleep when the sun goes down
We don't waste no precious time


Andrew Belle

In my veins

Everything will change
Nothing stays the same
Nobody is perfect
Oh, but everyone is to blame

Oh, you’re in my veins, and I cannot get you out
Oh, you’re all I taste, at night inside of my mouth
Oh, you run away, cause I am not what you found
Oh, you’re in my veins, and I cannot get you out




Amy MacDonald

This is the life

And the boys chase the girls
with the curls in their hair
And the shy tormented youth sit
way over there
And the songs they get louder
each one better than before

And you're singing the songs
thinking this is the life
And you wake up in the morning
and your head feels twice the size
Where you gonna go, where you gonna go
Where you gonna sleep tonight


Ane Brun

To let myself go

To let myself go
To let myself flow
Is the only way of being
There's no use telling me
There's no use taking a step back
A step back for me


Angus & Julia Stone

I'm not yours


Light me up a cigarette and put it in my mouth
You're the only one that wants me around
And I can think of a thousand reasons why
I don't believe in you, I don't believe in you and I

Light me up a cigarette and put it in my mouth
You're the only one that wants me to die


Athlete

Wires


You got wires, going in
You got wires, coming out of your skin
You got tears, making tracks
I got tears, that are scared of the facts


The Antlers

Bear

We're too old
We're not old, old at all
[...]
We're terrified of one another
And terrified of what that means


Aqualung

Something to believe in

You talk too much.
Maybe that's your way
Of breaking up the silence
That fills you up.
But it doesn't sound the same
When no one's really listening

Turn out the light
And what are you left with?
Open up my hands
And find out they're empty.
Press my face to the ground
I've gotta find a reason.
Still scratching around
For something to believe in,
Something to believe in.




Arctic Monkeys

When the sun goes down

Who's that girl there?
I wonder what went wrong
So that she had to roam the streets
She don't do major credit cards
I doubt she does receipts
It's all not quite legitimate

And what a scummy man
Just give him half a chance
I bet he'll rob you if he can
Can see it in his eyes,
Yeah, that he's got a driving ban
Amongst some other offences
[...]
I've got a feeling in my stomach
I start to wonder what his story might be,
what his story might be

They said it changes when the sun goes down
Around here


505

Stop and wait a sec,
Oh when you look at me like that my darling,
What did you expect?
I probably still adore you with your hand around my neck,
Or I did last time I checked


Balaclava

And you tie yourself to the tracks
And there isn't no going back
And it's wrong wrong wrong
But we'll do it anyway cause we love a bit of trouble

Are you pulling her from a burning building
Or throwing her to the sharks
Can only hope that the ending is as pleasurable as the start
The confidence is the balaclava, i'm sure you baffle 'em straight
And its wrong wrong wrong, she can hardly wait


Fluorescent Adolescent

You used to get it in your fishnets
Now you only get it in your night dress
Discarded all the naughty nights for niceness
Landed in a very common crisis
Everything's in order in a black hole
Nothing seems as pretty as the past though

Oh that boy's a slag
The best you ever had
The best you ever had
Is just a memory and those dreams
Weren't as daft as they seem


Still take you home

I don't think you're special
I don't think you're cool
You're just probably alright
But under these lights you look beautiful

[...]

But what do you know?
Oh you know nothing
Yeah, but I'll still take you home


From the Ritz to Rubble

That girl's a different girl today
Said that girl's a different girl to her you kissed last night
You couldn't have done that on a Sunday

[...]

I said a thousand million things that I could never say this morning

Last night what we talked about
It made so much sense
But now the haze has ascended
It don't make no sense anymore


Riot van

Have you been drinking, son
You don't look old enough to me
I'm sorry, officer
Is there a certain age you're supposed to be
Cause nobody told me


Athlete

Airport disco

Just a blur of red and yellow
Lovers dancing to the beat
I saw you at the center of it all
The most beautiful thing

[...]
Just a blur of red and yellow
That everyone chose to ignore
We all sucked that beauty from you
And kept coming back for more


Rubik's cube

I'm like a kid who just won't let it go

Band of Horses

The End's Not Near

The end's not near
It's here
Hallelujah
Spread the cheer
And watch the millenarians
Throw a party for a thousand years

[...]

This is why hell is underground
Like a reclaimed bad part of town
We don't want to lose our souls
We're the saints who don't want to be found


The Funeral

I'm coming up only to hold you under
I'm coming up only to show you wrong
And to know you is hard; we wonder
To know you all wrong; we were.


Bettie Serveert

Lover I don't have to love (cover)

Now it's two o'clock
The club is closed, we're up the block
Your hands on me
Pressing hard against your jeans
Your tongue in my mouth
Trying to keep the words from coming out
You didn't care to know
Who else may have been you before

[...]

I want a lover I don't have to love
I want a boy who's so drunk he doesn't talk
Where's the kid with the chemicals
I got a hunger and I can't seem to get full
I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind




Bloc Party

Signs

Two ravens in the old oak tree, one for you and one for me
Bluebells in the late December, I see signs now all the time
The last time we slept together, there was something that was not there
You never wanted to alarm me but I’m the one that’s drowning now

It was so like you to visit me to let me know you were ok
It was so like you visit me, always worrying about someone else

At your funeral I was so upset, so upset,
in your life you were larger than this
statuesque

I see signs now all the time that your not dead your sleeping
I believe in anything that brings you back home to me


Trojan Horse

You used to take your watch off before we made love
You didn’t want to share our time with anyone
You used to close your eyes when we kissed goodbye
You didn’t want to see me draped in sadness
And now there’s nothing here, now there’s nothing here at all
In a loft conversion off new north road
You were here I was here there was something real here
I know there was


Biko

For my sweetheart the melancholic, you have crossed the river styx
And the waves have taken you away
As I lay my head on your chest, I can hear it your veins
Wake me up when you come to bed

So toughen up
Biko toughen up
Biko toughen up
This world isn’t kind to little things


Zephyrus

And all you said in your quietest voice
Was "I needed you as much as they do"

How fast must we run before we can just take off in flight?
How far must we run before they do not recognise us?
So let's take this from the start, you'll be me and I'll be you
And let's try not to complain about your smoking
And my distant heart
And my distant heart
And my distant heart


Ion Square

Who said unbroken happiness
Is a bore, is a bore?
Who said it, my love? I don't mind it
Anymore, anymore

[...]

I found my dancing shoes but they don't fit
All the bright lights do is bore me
They bore me


Like eating glass

It's so cold in this house
Open mouth swallowing us
The children sent home from school
Will not stop crying
And I know that you're busy
But do I know that you care?
You got your finger on the pulse
You got your eyes everywhere
And it hurts all the time when you don't return my calls
And you haven't got the time to remember how it was

[...]

Like drinking poison, like eating glass
It's so cold in this house
It's so cold in this house
It's so cold in this bed


Helicopter

Just like his Dad, just like his Dad (the same mistakes)
Some things will never be different

[...]

Are you hoping for a miracle?
It's not enough.


Banquet

A heart of stone, a smoking gun
I can give you life, I can take it away


Blue Light


I still feel you and the taste of cigarettes
What could I ever run to
Just tell me it's tearing you apart
Just tell me you cannot sleep

You are the bluest light


This modern love

Why so damn absent-minded?
Why so scared of romance?
This modern love breaks me
This modern love wastes me


The Pioneers

If it can be broke then it can be fixed
If it can be fused then it can be split
It's all under control
If it can be lost then it can be won
If it can be touched then it can be turned
All you need is time


Plans

Stop being so laissez-faire
We're all scared of the future
We make plans for big times
Get bogged down, distracted
We make plans for good times


Compliments

We sit and we sigh
And nothing gets done
So right, so clued-up
We just get old

And all the while
Been torn asunder
Nicotine
And bacteria




Bob Dylan

Don't think twice, It's all right

It ain’t no use in turnin’ on your light, babe
That light I never knowed
An’ it ain’t no use in turnin’ on your light, babe
I’m on the dark side of the road
Still I wish there was somethin’ you would do or say
To try and make me change my mind and stay
We never did too much talkin’ anyway
So don’t think twice, it’s all right

[...]

I once loved a woman, a child I’m told
I'd give her my heart but she wanted my soul
But don’t think twice, it’s all right


Like a rolling stone

When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose
You're invisible now, you got no secrets to conceal.

How does it feel
How does it feel
To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a complete unknown
Like a rolling stone?


Bon Iver

Skinny love

Come on skinny love just last the year
Pour a little salt we were never here

[...]

Come on skinny love, what happened here?


Bright Eyes

Road to joy

I have my drugs, I have my woman
They keep away my loneliness
My parents have they have their religion
But sleep in separate houses

I read the body count out of the paper
And now it's written all over my face
No one ever plans to sleep out in the gutter
Sometimes that's just the most comfortable place

So I'm drinking, breathing, writing, singing
Everyday I'm on the clock
My mind races with all my longings
But cant keep up with what I got


Lover I don't have to love

I want a lover I don't have to love
I want a girl who's too sad to give a fuck
Where's the kid with the chemicals?
I thought he said he'd meet me here but I'm not sure
I got the money if you got the time
He said, "It feels good"
I said, "I'll give it a try"

[...]

You write such pretty words
But life's no storybook
Love's an excuse to get hurt
And to hurt
Do you like to hurt?
I do, I do
Then hurt me


Broken Records

A promise

And if our hearts all disappear
And if our bones, they crumble to the soil
And all our love will rise again
And we'll float to the sea


Carla Bruni

Quelqu'un m'a dit

Cat Power

Fool

Come along Fool,
A direct hit to the sense you're disconnected
It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
It's just that it's on the tip of your tongue and you're so silent




Coldplay

Don't panic

We live in a beautiful world,

Oh, we're sinking like stones,
All that we fought for,
All those places we've gone,
All of us are done for.


The Scientist

Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard

Oh take me back to the start


A rush of blood to the head

He said I'm going to buy this place and burn it down
I'm going to put it six feet underground
He said I'm going to buy this place and watch it fall
Stand here beside me baby in the crumbling walls
Oh I'm going to buy this place and start a fire
Stand here until I fill all your heart's desires
Because I'm going to buy this place and see it burn
Do back the things it did to you in return

He said Oh I'm going to buy a gun and start a war
If you can tell me something worth fighting for
Oh and I'm going to buy this place, that's what I said
Blame it upon a rush of blood to the head to the head


Lost!

Just because I'm hurting
Doesn't mean I'm hurt
Doesn't mean I didn't get what I deserved
No better and no worse


X&Y

I dive in at the deep end
You become my best friend
I wanna love you but I don't know if I can


Counting Crows

Colourblind

I am covered in skin
No one gets to come in
Pull me out from inside
I am folded and unfolded and unfolding
I am colorblind


Crystal Castles

Not in love

And we were lovers, now we can't be friends
Fascination ends, here we go again

'Cause it's cold outside
When you coming home
'Cause it's hot inside
Isn't that enough?

I'm not in love
We are not in love


The Cure

Just like heaven

"Show me how you do that trick
The one that makes me scream" she said
"The one that makes me laugh" she said
And threw her arms around my neck
"Show me how you do it
And I promise you I promise that
I'll run away with you
I'll run away with you"


Lets go to bed

But I don't care if you don't
And I don't feel if you don't
And I don't want it if you don't
And I won't say it
If you don't say it first




(Credit: 1.Coco lores flickr 2. Unknown. 3. Annette Pehrsson 4 og 5. Teresa-Q 6. Unknown)

2 kommentarer:

metallicatrollet sa...

LOVEYOU! Skal høre på alle sangene, så kan jeg gi deg full review på de l8rg8r, m8. : D

Flomp sa...

;)