onsdag 16. september 2009

Music when the lights go out

Fine (rolige) sanger når du er trøtt, trist, melankolsk, sliten:

Greg Laswell - Comes And Goes (In Waves)

"This one's for the torn down
The experts at the fall
Come on friends get up now
You're not alone at all"


The Fray - Little House

"She doesn't look, she doesn't see
Opens up for nobody
Figures out, she figures out
Narrow line, she can't decide
Everything short of suicide
Never hurts, nearly works"


Block Party - Signs

"I see signs now all the time
that your not dead your sleeping"


Kleerup, featuring Lykke Li, Michael's Cello version - Until we bleed

"You're my drug
We live it
You're drunk, you need it
Real love, I'll give it
So we're bound to linger on
We drink the fatal drop
Then love until we bleed
Then fall apart in parts [...]
Doors slam
Lights black
You're gone
Come back
Stay gone
Stay clean
I need you to need me"


Kate Nash - The nicest thing

"I wish my smile was your favorite kind of smile
I wish the way that I dressed was your favourite kind of style.
I wish you couldn't figure me out,
But you always wanted know what I was about."


The Veils - Lavinia

"That I don't want to live in your side
Though the rose is vermillion
And I find it so hard to survive
Witout when within you
My sweet Lavinia"


Bloc Party - Bluest light

"I still feel you and the taste of cigarettes
What could I ever run to
Just tell me it's tearing you apart
Just tell me you cannot sleep [...]
You are the bluest light"


Sia - Breathe me

"Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
and needy
Warm me up
And breathe me"


Snow Patrol - Set fire to the third bar

"I hang my coat up in the first bar
There is no peace that I've found so far
The laughter penetrates my silence
As drunken men find flaws in science
I'm miles from where you are,
I lay down on the cold ground
I, I pray that something picks me up"


Sufjan Stevens - For the widows in paradise, for the fatherless in Ypsilanti

"Like a father to impress;
Like a mother's mourning dress,
If you ever make a mess, I'll do anything for you"

Yeah yeah yeahs - Runaway

"I was feeling sad
Can't help looking back
Highways flew by
Run, run, run away
No sense of time
Want you to stay
Want keep you inside"


Også alt av Damien Rice selvfølgelig.

1 kommentar:

Hanna sa...

The Fray - Little House <3