fredag 10. april 2009

Baby, I'm tied to a tree in the jungle of mystery, and I just got tortured by a damn spinal surgeon and a genuine Iraqi



Dette er manuskriptet til den heiteste first kiss scenen noensinne.

KATE
(shakes her head; then)
So I'm here. Where is it?

SAWYER
Happy to tell you...
(beat)
Soon as I get that kiss.

KATE
What? -- Are you serious?

SAWYER
Baby, I'm tied to a tree in the
Jungle of Mystery and I just got
tortured by a damn spinal surgeon
and a genuine I-raqi.
(beat)
`Course I'm serious.

Kate just looks at him. Not knowing quite WHAT to think.

SAWYER (CONT'D)
You're not seeing the big picture
here, Freckles. You really gonna
let that woman suffocate `cause you
can't bring yourself to give me a
little kiss? Hell -- it's only
first base... lucky for you I ain't
greedy. I'm making it real simple
here -- you wanna be a hero or not?

ON KATE. Yeah. It's fucking ridiculous... But dammit if he
doesn't make a compelling argument. And dammit if there
isn't a strong contingent of women out there watching this
show who WANT her to do it.

And we can see the moment in which she makes up her mind.

KATE
Okay.

SAWYER
Okay.

Kate approaches him. Squats down on her haunches. Gets
close. Looks into his eyes. He looks back.

And her is the first kiss on LOST.
What makes it interesting is that even though it starts out
as a chore -- a necessity -- somewhere about three or four
seconds in, it becomes something ELSE. And just before it
actually goes from something else to REAL...

Kate pulls away.
And we milk this delicious moment afterward for all it's
worth. And despite the insanity of the circumstances under
which it happened, both of them felt something. Finally --

and when Sawyer talks to her now, it's softer -- that kiss

did something to him -- some of his swagger is gone -- he's
just a man now --

SAWYER (CONT'D)
I don't have it.
KATE
What?

SAWYER
The medicine. I don't have it.
Never did.

WHAT? Kate's head is spinning --

KATE
Your book -- they said you got it
out of their suitcase...

SAWYER
Went in the drink with the rest of
the damn luggage from the tail.
Book washed up on shore.
(MO RE)

SAWYER (CONT'D)
Had to dry it out, but it's still a
damn good read. You'd like --

SLAP! We didn't even see Kate's hand move. Sawyer's face
rocks to the side. Damn -- she hit him hard. Sawyer turns
back to her, blood trickling from his lip --

But she's already walking away.

Ingen kommentarer: